Sunday 25 November 2012

White Wicker Dreaming with a French Coastal Twist ;)

Hi Gorgeous Coasties!

It was a real scorcher here in Sydney today... first taste of Summer and about time too!

Sharing a quick little make over I finished recently.  I heart wicker...  I've blogged about my love before here and here.

So when I came across this little gem I couldn't walk past it...  $10 orange wicker special!

Before:  The colour almost looks nice in this shot.. but it was your basic fake tanny orange wicker.

 
A little work in progress shot.  I hand painted it as I wanted a rustic look as well as more control over the finish.  Sometimes I find with a spray can it can be a little uneven with this type of wicker.
 
 

After the white I added a hand painted blue stripe... I was going for a rustic French Coastal look!


After:  White, bright with a French Blue Coastal Stripe :)





 
 
 
 



 




Now to decide where to use him, I think it's quite a practical and versatile little piece.  My original thought was to put it to organising duty in the pantry.  But I'm also thinking it might be practical to hold Bath roomy things.  What do you think?

Happy White Wicker Dreaming friends,

Jo xx


Linking up to these lovely parties...








 

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you've done with this Jo......it looks really really great......especially the styling ;O)
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Tania... the styling is my favourite part of any project ;) Jo xx

      Delete
  2. Great transformation Jo. She'll be lovely in the bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Jo! Love the blue stripe. Such a fab bargain too Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Jo! Love the blue stripe. Such a fab bargain too Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do likey indeed! I think it is perfect for carrying things out to the pool like vodka cruisers, magazines, sunscreen etc etc lol. Like your work babe - as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Sonia... I like your thinking re pool caddy!! xx

      Delete
  6. gorgeous! great transformation. i love how you've used it with kitchen things.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever and creative Jo, it looks gorgeous. Particularly with all your lovely props!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks Mel so sweet... love playing with props :) xx

      Delete
  8. Love it - especially the blue stripe

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous jo...I love how you've styled it too...what a great little find and a lovely job you've done to transform it to make it look so coastally chic.
    Bec x
    is coastally a word?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks magnifique Jo!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea, looks great and is practical too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this basket! I have to say I would probably have passed it right by in the store, but your makeover sure makes it look crisp and clean. Great project makeover! Happy to be following you via GFC and looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful transformation! It's amazing what a coat of paint can do!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award, come check it out if you want to pass it on!
    http://www.thegoldensycamore.com/2012/11/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a great idea! i love the blue stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi... I love reading your comments, they make my day! Thanks so much for stopping by :) Jo xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...