Thursday 15 November 2012

Vintage Ladder Love Affair

Hello lovelies

I have a thing for many things... one of those things is vintage ladders.  I heart them.

I've made over a few of them and can't resist picking them up when I see them.  I was driving by my local Salvos store after my son's cricket game on the weekend... and I thought I'd pop in for a quick look see.  I ended up walking out with these two beauties...  and a few other goodies!  Gotta heart thrifty shopping!

Here's the only before shot of my ladder...  in my outdoor studio ;)





 



I gave him a good scrubbing, and white washing. 


I didn't want to cover the original stencilling on the sides or the splatters and splobs of paint which he'd gained over the years.  White washing gave me that shabby beachy look whilst still allowing his character to shine through!






 He's quite a handy fella.... he had me hooked at first sight :) I really love his hooks! 


I added some numbers to the steps, sanded a little and waxed.



 

My plan was to sell him at my next market stall...  but I'm growing quite fond of him and his hooks ;)



Now just between you and I, he's not my one and only...  I have another handy fella stashed in our ensuite.... he's on towel duties.  There's also one in the corner of our family room, casually taking care of throw rug business.

.....and then there's the other little one I bought with this one...  thinking she'd be nice to hold scarves in my wardrobe...  mmm thinking I may have a problem ;D

Thanks for stopping in, have a great weekend

Jo xx


 Linking up to these fab parties....

 
 
 
 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. you have scored big time here...they look great...ladders are great for storing bags and scarves...nice find!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a ladder. Better head over to WAC and see if Katherine has any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could head over to WAC! Say hi to Katherine for me :) x

      Delete
  3. i love the white wash and stencilling you did on your ladder!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can I NEVER find an old ladder on the side of the road.I have been peeling my eyes everywhere and no luck. This is just gorgeous and i too would be a little too attached to let it go. I would so love to visit your markets! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia, These ones were at Salvos which is unusal never come across in op shop before! Awww too sweet hon. I'll try and book into some closer he he :) x

      Delete
  5. hes not going anywhere i can tell....its love!
    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladders are great and yours is a lovely makeover. I love the metal hooks.
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love ladders too- but I only have one super big one- haven't found anymore in my price bracket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep looking one will find you eventually Deanne, sure of it! :) Jo x

      Delete
  8. hey are awesome Jo...all the old crusty ladders round these parts are super expensive :(

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely... bummer about that, just gotta be lucky... hope one finds you soon :) Jo xx

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous, love the whitewash and the stencilled numbers.. perfect Jo! x Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ladder turned out beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing at Fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Hi... I love reading your comments, they make my day! Thanks so much for stopping by :) Jo xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...