Wednesday 15 May 2013

Hello Annie! I get a tad excited about painted furniture :) Coastal Home Love meets Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!

Hello Gorgeous Coasties!

I get excited about holidays, Christmas, my boy's soccer games, shopping and lots of other wonderful things.  But don't get me started on painted furniture... let's just say the word obsession may or may not be an appropriate term to describe my relationship with it!  Love. 

So you can imagine my delight and happy dance worthy sheer joy over receiving some gorgeous new paint to test!  Now not just any ordinary run of the mill paint, but Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!!  Excited much, pick me up off the floor... hardly covers it ;)

I had many projects lined up in my studio aka garage awaiting a makeover but I decided to dive in feet first and tackle quiet a large piece.  Allow me to introduce Big Bessy.....


Bessy came to live with us almost two years ago, she serves as a sideboard in our dining area and deserved a special make over.  In comes Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg.  Delicious.



I decided to prime her all over, even though I know this step was not necessary, but I wanted some of the white to peek through after distressing.  I applied two coats of Duck Egg, the first coat went on like a dream.  I followed up with a second coat to ensure beautiful coverage.  I painted the back boards white to add some more definition and contrast to her.

After a little distressing I finished her off with the crème de la crème of waxes!  Annie's Soft Wax is amazing...  I could eat it on toast for brekkie with a nice English Breakfast tea and be in heaven!  {don't try this at home ;)}.

And without further ado, I think I'll have to call her Beautiful Bessy now....

 






 



 



I'm so happy with how she turned out and I'm more than a bit in love with Annie's paint.  So happy we can get it in Australia finally! :))  Find more information on Annie Sloan products here.

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Jo xx

Linking up here...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

38 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm not the only one who gets excited over painting! Looks gorgeous, lucky you getting to use ASCP.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece -- I have never seen anything quite like it. And you painted it in one of my favorite shades.

    I am going back through your blog because I really like your style. I am still hoping for a beach place one day. I found you on Wow Us Wednesday! You certainly did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Jo, Bessie really is beautiful in her new happy color! She's such a unique piece and deserves to standout. So glad you enjoyed your chalk paint experience. Experimenting with new products is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sharon! I do love to experiment especially with paint! ;) Jo x

      Delete
  4. I really love the color and that makes me envious, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really beautiful and the colour is divine. I've never tried Annie's wax: is it easier to apply than an other natural wax?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you :) Yes it goes on like a dream, very buttery and smooth :)

      Delete
  6. I just love the bookcase makeover. That's a beautiful color. I would love for you to come and link this up at my Swing into Spring party going on right now. Hope to see you there. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh so pretty! LOVE your color choice! I popped over from The Shabby Creek Cottage--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I’d love it if you could link this up to our party, Give Me The Goods Monday! {1 party, 4 blogs}
    http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/05/give-me-goods-party-8.html
    Have a great week!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! I just did my first Duck Egg project and loved it too! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zuni, it's such a lovely colour to work with! :) x

      Delete
  10. hi Jo - it's just lovely. The colour is gorgeous. Good to see it used so beautiful.
    enjoy your "new" sideboard
    cheers Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, Thanks so much :)) The colour is truly divine to work with. Jo xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful Jo, your homes looks lovely too :)

    I am so beside myself excited to try this paint, I hope it turns up soon!

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen :) You are going to LOVE it!! Jo xx

      Delete
  12. This is really lovely! Super nice job! :) I love how you accessorized it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the duck egg blue it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oi eu amei o seu blog, viajei por todos os posts,todos mesmo, gostei muito, você é muito criativa, visite o meu blog, eu também faço umas mudanças na minha casa igual a você. Estou seguindo o seu blog, venha me visitar, http://rosariaamorim.blogspot.com
    Um bj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I loved your blog, I traveled all the posts, all the same, I liked it a lot, you are very creative, visit my blog, I also do some changes in my house like you. I'm following your blog, come visit me, http://rosariaamorim.blogspot.com
    a bj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosaria, Thank you for your kind comments :) I will visit your blog. Jo x

      Delete
  16. How beautiful is duck egg blue Jo! Such a fan hon!!! Lovely job as always, and beautifully styled. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I always love duck egg and that piece just makes me swoon. I'm featuring it this week at the Power of Paint Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryann :) Wow thanks so much! I'm thrilled! Jo x

      Delete
  18. Had to pop over from instagram to see how your duck egg piece turned out!! Wow!! Sooo good Jo, I'm chomping at the bit to use mine ;-) Sunday is THE day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney, Thanks for visiting me :) The paint is amazing, can't wait to see what you do! Jo x

      Delete
  19. Thanks a lot for blogging this, it was unbelieveably informative and helped me tons. The Tragedy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is cool. I love stylish and classic furniture and I can get them here at Central Coast. It is like icing on the cake. Go furniture!!
    Dining Room Furniture Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  21. Home improvement does not enough for boost home value, a home with beautifuly design and decor also increase the home value. i always like to upgrade my living room, Because some time a tiny change make a big difference (Like Furniture).
    7 Piece Outdoor Timber Setting

    ReplyDelete

Hi... I love reading your comments, they make my day! Thanks so much for stopping by :) Jo xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...