I was so excited recently to discover that I had received a bloggy award! This is crazy cool and had me chuffed to the moon and back! Especially to receive it from the uber funny, lovely and oh so clever Sonia at Life, love and Hiccups! Thank you so much Sonia :)
Here she is.. isn't she beautiful!!
This is my first award and the rules state I have to answer 10 questions.... and share 10 random facts about myself. Warning the following post contains 'Mild Oversharing'.... so here we go.
1. What is my Favourite Song?
Yikes, not really sure... love lots but always loved 'Wherever you will go' by The Calling... I'm loving this version from the Twinings Ad sung by Charlene Soraia..
2. My Favourite Dessert!
Where do I start?? First of all let me just preface this by saying, I'm a Libran, so making a decision can at times be a challenge... this is especially true when it comes to menus... and even more true when we drill down to desserts!! That said I'm a happy girl with ice cream... love coffee, hazelnut, chocolate gelato... mmmm
OK pet peeve... I consider myself to be a very courteous driver; I let people in, giveaway and always, always give a 'thankyou' wave when someone lets me in... So it ticks me off when people don't give a thank you wave... it doesn't have to be a whole hand vigorous arm shaking, dislocate your shoulder type of wave, just hold your hand up for a few seconds is enough... it's just plain nice and we are after all living in a civilised society! and breathe... ;)
4. When I'm Upset what do I do?
Eat Gelato. Buy a home Mag. Browse Pinterest. Usually all at once, I'm fab at multitasking ;)
5. What is my Favourite Pet?
Hmmm let me think... of our current pets the choice is between; Hermie the Hermit Crab, Darwin the Axolotl or Milly the Cat... even though she can be aloof, and sometimes downright crazy (it took 3 weeks to catch her when we moved)... Millie the cat wins.
6. What do I prefer Black or White?
When it comes to clothing... gotta be black... slimming and all that. Furniture... white, white love painting things white!
7. What is my Biggest Fear?
Oh yikes... can't say out loud in case it comes true! Sorry tad superstitious like that.
8. What is my Attitude?
Generally I'm a glass is half full kinda girl.
9. What is Perfection?
Friday night in with a few essential supplies; comfy clothes, wine, something yummy to eat, candles and TV/movie... simple things.
10. What is my Guilty Pleasure?
Sleeping in when I can... how I love my bed. Pinterest. Gelato. Books.
OK and now for 10 random facts about me...
1. I'm not overly superstitious... but the number 13 freaks me a bit... case in point; I cannot have the volume on the TV on 13... 12 or 14 is fine but not 13. If I see a photo on Instagram where there are 12 likes I cannot be number 13 (even if I love the pic!! That said if I love the pic I go back later and like).. and yes I realise this is weird.
2. I love pumpkin soup, but hate roasted pumpkin.
3. Another food weirdy... I hate cream, but love ice cream (just realised I talk about ice cream a Lot!)
4. I procrastinate often. Case in point this post which has been in draft for almost a month!
5. I was a volunteer at the Sydney 2000 Olympics. So fun.
6. I'm afraid of heights, this fear evolved in my late twenties (before that I abseiled, climbed etc). I only discovered this fear backpacking through Europe.
8. My Grandfather was French, proper French, didn't speak much English and made amazing cakes!
9. I almost always have to walk back to the car to check if I pressed the lock button.
10. I sing the same song to my kids each night before bedtime, and it makes me sad to think one day they'll be too big for it.
Okey dokey then... The rules state I must pass this forward to 7 blogs. As a newbie blogger I'm passing this award along to some amazingly talented and inspiring bloggers I have met online and or via Instagram recently :) Each have been so kind with their comments and encouragement. Pop over and check them out...
Thank you for reading.. love and hugs :)