Thursday 13 September 2012

Tick Tock, Tick Tock.... What's the time on the DIY Coastal Clock?

Hi!

So I got a new toy a little while ago and I seriously do not know how I ever survived without it!  I'm talking about my new hot glue gun.  Nothing high tech, nor expensive about it.  It's just plain awesome.  I've used it for numerous little projects and repairs since it got it.

I thought I'd share my super easy DIY Coastal Clock makeover! 


I started with a basic clock, I picked up from Kmart ($10). I was happy to experiment for a tenner, if it all went horribly wrong there would be no tears shed.

I'm sure that little Swedish boutique (aka Ikea) would have several likely candidates on offer. 

If you wanna give it a go, it's seriously easy, here's what you'll need;


  • Some jute rope {Believe it or not this sucker took approx 8 metres of rope!!}
  • Hot Glue gun
  • Lots of hot glue refill sticks!
  • Approx 30-40 minutes
  • A steady hand
  • Some baby wipes on hand to wipe up the inevitable glue mess as you go ;)











Step 1:
Use hot glue gun to affix rope to outside of clock.  The hot glue sets really quickly, just hold in place for a few seconds and continue slowly.

Steps 2-6:
Repeat step 1 until clock rim is fully covered ;)


 
 
 
 
Easy peasy...  one DIY Coastal Clock! 
This one's headed for the boys playroom :)




 
 
 


What's the time on the Coastal Clock?  Why I do believe it's time for tea :)

Thanks for stopping by...

Jo xx

 





16 comments:

  1. Oh Jo! This is so beautiful and creative! You are such a clever one :) I'm definitely going to make one of these too. Thankyou so much for sharing!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Cas :) I was really easy and fun! Loving my new toy! Jo x

      Delete
  2. I love it. I would never have thought of it.
    I need a hot glue gun too ;o)
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Tania :) You soo need to get a hot glue gun! Too much fun! Jo xx

      Delete
  3. This is a real NIFTY THRIFTY idea, and I LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing it at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! So happy to have to pop by my little place :) Jo xx

      Delete
  4. Great idea Jo. Looks way more expensive than $10.
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie :) It's nice and easy for the boys to read too! Next one I'll pick one with a fancier face ;) Have a great weekend Jo xx

      Delete
  5. I love the clock Jo! You have such great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely! I was on Instagram and only just realized that I wasn't already following you! Silly me! I have been neglecting blog land lately with such a busy term at school but am on school holidays now, hopefully I can get back on track! Love that clock, clever you, it looks amazing!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so completely lovely.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Jo!
    So coastal and original - I love that!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  9. This clock is so very pretty its really worth to have it in your home, adds that antique look to your home...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The clock looks awesome!!! you're really very creative at work. Love your DIY stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Hi... I love reading your comments, they make my day! Thanks so much for stopping by :) Jo xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...